Sri Tipparaju Venkata Subbaiah Choultry was founded in the year 1876 by a Great Philonthophist to Serve the Brahmin Community in his own site measuring around half an acre of land with his own funds. The choultry was serving the Brahmins at the time of need by allowing the dead bodies to be kept in a room in the choultry before cremation. Another room was meant for performance of Karma kratuvulu of Brahmins. These services were very useful for the Brahmins who did not have either a own house or did not have facilities at home to perform these rituals properly.
The choultry was taken care by Sri. Mungamuru Venkata Subba rao garu for nearly 70 to 75 years who was the husband of the second Grand daughter of Sri.Tipparaju Venkata Subbaiah. There was a notice board like black board on the western side of the choultry, where the daily news of Nellore was writen in those days when there were no availabily of News papers. It marked a place where many freedom figheters used to sit and discuss on the indipendance of India issues.
The northern side of the choultry was mostly empty and many of the old rooms were in a dilpidated condition by 1950. In 1959 the choultry responsibility was handed over to the Great grand son of the first Grand daughter of Tipparaju Venkata Subbaiah. He was an Advocate and a young dynamic man in those days. He is none other than Sri. Sarvepalli Mallikarjuna sharma who also married the first grand daughter of Sri. Mungamuru Venkata Subba rao garu . He developed the institution by all means by building some shop rooms in the western side of the choultry i n the year 1960,by spending his own funds and thus generated a fixed income to the chuoltry to carry on all the service activities. He further had constructed a Kalyana sadan in the northern side of the choultry site, by spending his own funds., in the year 1970. All the buildings were constructed with municipal permission and approval. Despite the fact that the institution came under the Endowments , he continued as the managing trustee till his last breath in the year 1999. He passed off on 11/1/1999. The choultry was exempted from the operations of the sections 15,29 of the Endowments act 30/87, from time to time. Several other Brahmins worked with him till his demise for the benifit of the community through this choultry. But for all the developments made by him in that period, the site would have largely been empty till date. He was succeeded by his wife Smt. Raja rajeswari who also passed off in few years.
The karma satram of the choultry dilapidated and there was great difficulty for the Brahmins to perform their rituals. They all suffered. The day when this suffering was relieved was only when the Karma satram was reconstructred in 2007. Dr. Ajay Kuamar the only son of Mallikarjuna sharma had constructed the ground floor of the choultry by spending even his earnings and family funds. He is a follower and a Devotee of His Holiness Parama Poojya Sri Sri Sri Ganapathi Sachchidananda Swamiji of Avadhoota Datta Peetham of Mysore.
He later developed the first floor of the Karma satram and it was opened by His Holiness Parama Poojya Sri Sri Sri Ganapathi Sachchidananda Swamiji of Avadhoota Datta Peetham of Mysore with a lot of affection to the public. He also developed the institutional Kalyana Sadan and made it an A/C Hall. With marble flooring and tiled the walls. He had again spent his personal funds for this cause.
The Brahmin Purohit assistants and the cook assistants and many other such Brahmins sit on the road side on the floor of the road and this had moved the hearts of the choultry management. Dr. Ajay kumar with the help of his uncle and co-trustee Dr.S.Venkata Rao had constructed a rest room for Brahmins with the own money from his family funds and named it after the great souls as "Sri Sarvepalli Mallikarjuna sharma - Raja Rajeswari garla Brahman Vishranthi Bhavanam"- Sri. T.V.S.Choultry. This room was opened with the Blessings of Parama Poojya Sri Sri Sri Ganapathi Sachchidananda Swamiji of Avadhoota Datta Peetham of Mysore., through the divine hands of Sri. Swaroopananda Swami of Sarada Peetham on 27/3/2009., on the occasion of Ugadi. Several Brhmins attended this uneque service.
He also improved the service activities of the institution tailored to the present needs of the Brahmin community. Several Brahmin students who were meritorious and still were strugling for financial assistance, were supported by scholorships in 2008 & 2009. In 2008 nearly 54,000/- was distributed while in 2009 the amount increased to 1,60,000/-. Each Engineering student was given 10,000/- financial assistance. He started poor feeding of poor Brahmins, distribution of Tri cycles to physically handicaped Brahmins , distribution of cloaths and Dampatha tamboolam was offered with all respect and honour to the Poor Brahmin couples. He distributed mosquito nets on the name of his father with his personal amount to 108 poor and several of them were Brahmins.
For all these activities no donations are taken till date. All the development is through the earnings of the institution through rents from the shops developed by Sri.Sarvepalli Mallikarjuna Sharma or from the personal family funds of his family.
The institution is exempted from the operations of the sections 15,29&65 of the Endowment act of 30/87.
The next proposal that is to be implimented is the construction of the Dead blodies building with all the facilities of a mortuary. The proceedure will take 8 to 12 months as it has some proceedure through Endowments.